These simple and practical tips will ensure a pleasurable trip for everyone. There shall be no action for which an explanation will be necessary. If you think someone might ask you “Why did you do that?”, THEN DON'T DO IT
- Follow instructions of directors and chaperones at all times. If you don’t understand, ask.
- Doors must be open when boys in girls’ room, and girls in boys’ rooms
- No unnecessary moving around on the bus. No standing in seats or sitting on backs or arms of seats on the bus. Do as the bus driver asks when on the bus. Each bus will have a first aid kit on board. Ask chaperones for help.
- Be quiet and cooperative during roll call on buses. Use rest rooms on buses as little as possible. We will make regular stops.
- You are responsible for any damage to your room.
- Know who the chaperone is for your group and know his or her room number.
- Make no charges to your room (movies, phones, etc.)
- Take no souvenirs from your room, restaurants, or any other place of business. Remember: shoplifting and stealing are crimes!
- Make no calls between rooms after lights out, unless you are calling a chaperone to report a problem.
- Don’t leave your room unlocked.
- No alcoholic beverages, non-prescription drugs, or any controlled substances (which includes tobacco and alcohol) are to be taken, bought, or consumed during the trip. Directors should be notified in writing if you are taking any prescription drugs.
- No changes to buses or rooms without the directors’ permission.
- Leave non-essential valuables at home.
- Watch your belongings. If you put something down unattended, there is an excellent chance it will not be there when you return.
- Profanity is not a part of this band. Make sure your language is never offensive. You represent "US"
- Curfews will be announced and strictly enforced.
- Personal radios, cd players, and dvd players with headphones are only allowed on the bus. The volume should not be loud enough to be heard outside your head.
- Behavior of students will be exemplary at all times. There is NO excuse for rude, obnoxious acts.
- All school rules are in effect throughout the duration of any trip. Kindness and courtesy work miracles in almost every situation.
- Remember that PLEASE and THANK YOU cost you nothing and yet are highly valued especially when received from a teenager.
- Violations of these rules will result in disciplinary action that could include removal from the organization, confinement to your room for the duration of the trip, school suspension, and being sent home.
- Detailed information sheets, showing departng and estimated arrival times, are distributed prior to any trip.
As members of the Union City Band you are highly visible, not only as a musical organization, but as representatives of our school, community, and state. That responsibility and opportunity carries with it an obligation to project and maintain the absolute highest moral and performance integrity. Many of those who come into contact with us as we perform and travel will form their opinions of Union City based upon the impressions we create, both in close proximity and from a distance. Therefore, the rules of the Union City School System and individual campus program rules and regulations apply at all times. As in any situation, good judgment must always prevail.
All rules and expectations are set forth to help you enjoy your band experience to the fullest and to avoid the embarrassment and inconvenience which momentary lapses in judgment may bring about. It is the goal of the Union City Instrumental Music Program, that upon our return home to Union City, you will have acquired an even greater sense of pride as a Union City Band member and as a Union City Schools musical ambassador.